Welcome to our fantastic recipe for « Grilled Cod with Lemon and Butter »! If you’re a seafood lover or simply looking for a healthy and delicious meal, you’re in for a treat. Our Grilled Cod with Lemon and Butter recipe will take your taste buds on a delightful journey of tender, flaky fish infused with smoky and savory flavors. Get ready to fire up the grill and savor the incredible aroma that fills the air as the cod cooks to perfection. With its simplicity and versatility, this dish is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a casual weeknight dinner or a backyard barbecue with friends and family. So grab your apron and let’s dive into this tantalizing recipe that will leave you craving more.
- 2 (8 ounce) fillets cod, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion (white part only)
- Stack about 15 charcoal briquettes into a grill in a pyramid shape. If desired, drizzle coals lightly with lighter fluid and allow to soak for 1 minute before lighting coals with a match. Allow fire to spread to all coals, about 10 minutes, before spreading briquettes out into the grill; let coals burn until a thin layer of white ash covers the coals. Lightly oil the grates.
- Season both sides of cod fillets with Cajun seasoning, lemon pepper, salt, and black pepper. Set fillets aside on a plate.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, stir in lemon juice and green onion, and cook until onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
- Grill fillets on the preheated grill until browned and flaky, about 3 minutes per side; baste frequently with butter mixture while grilling.
- Allow fillets to rest off the heat for about 5 minutes before serving.