Ready to explore the delectable realm of our Rustic Braised Pork Ragu with Tomatoes recipe? Brace yourself for a journey to Italy, where your taste buds will be captivated by the hearty and flavorful marvels we have in store. Prepare to immerse yourself in a culinary masterpiece, as succulent pork meets aromatic herbs, rich tomatoes, and a delightful melange of spices. Whether you’re planning an intimate family gathering or hosting esteemed guests, this dish is certain to leave a lasting impression. So don your apron and wield your trusty knife as we dive into the irresistible world of Rustic Braised Pork Ragu with Tomatoes!
Rustic Braised Pork Ragu with Tomatoes
- 2 pounds pork shoulder roast cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- To prepare the Braised Pork Ragu, begin by seasoning the pork generously with rosemary, thyme, pepper, and salt. In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat some oil. Once hot, carefully sear the pork on all sides until it achieves a rich, brown color, which usually takes about 10 minutes.
- Next, add the diced onion and carrot to the pot, stirring them in with the pork. Allow the onion to soften for approximately 3 minutes, followed by adding the garlic and cooking it until it becomes fragrant, which usually takes around 1 minute.
- Pour in the wine, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to release any flavorful browned bits. Then, stir in the tomatoes and stock, combining all the ingredients well. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer, and let it cook for about 30 minutes until the meat becomes incredibly tender and the sauce has thickened to perfection.