Indulge in the delightful flavors of the season with our irresistible recipe: « Peach Cake with Brown Sugar Icing. » Experience the juicy sweetness of ripe peaches as they merge into a moist and flavorful cake, crowned with a luscious brown sugar icing. This delectable creation will fill your kitchen with the tantalizing aroma of baked peaches and offer a delightful harmony of textures and flavors in every bite. Whether you’re hosting an intimate family gathering or preparing a special dessert for an occasion, our Peach Cake with Brown Sugar Icing is sure to impress. Join us as we delve into the straightforward steps to craft this heavenly treat and bring the comforting essence of peaches to your table
Peach Cake with Brown Sugar Icing
- 2 15-ounce cans peaches in fruit juice, juices reserved
- 1 15.5 ounce package Duncan Hines yellow cake mix, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Brown Sugar Icing:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cubed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 13×9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain juice from the cans of peaches into a measuring cup until you have 1/2 cup of peach juice. Set aside the 1/2 cup of peach juice and discard remaining juice.
- Chop peaches and pat with paper towels to remove some of the excess moisture. Add chopped peaches to a small mixing bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of the cake mix.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat remaining cake mix, eggs, oil, and 1/2 cup reserved peach juice with an electric mixer until well combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle chopped peaches evenly over batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (a few moist crumbs are okay), 28 to 33 minutes. Allow cake to begin cooling on a wire rack while you prepare icing.
- Place brown sugar, butter, and cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved, 10 to 15 minutes from the time you first turned on the heat. Stir in vanilla until well mixed, then remove from heat.
- Gradually whisk in confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Immediately pour icing over warm cake, and spread quickly with a spatula into an even layer, as icing will set quickly.