Indulge in the perfect blend of tradition and innovation with our delicious Traditional Peach Cobbler with a Modern Flair recipe. This mouthwatering dessert showcases the classic flavors of sweet, juicy peaches combined with a contemporary twist, guaranteed to impress your taste buds. Prepare to be delighted as our recipe seamlessly blends old-fashioned charm with a touch of innovation, resulting in a peach cobbler experience like no other. Get ready to savor the harmonious combination of warm, gooey peach filling, topped with a modern and irresistible twist that will leave you craving for more. Don’t miss out on this delightful dessert that captures the essence of tradition with a modern, irresistible twist. Try our Traditional Peach Cobbler with a Modern Flair recipe today and elevate your dessert game to new heights!
Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons white sugar divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 3 pounds fresh peaches – peeled pitted, and sliced
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Make crust: Sift together flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Work in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk together egg and cold water in a small bowl. Sprinkle over flour mixture; work with hands to form dough into a ball. Wrap with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- To begin, set the oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- Take half of the refrigerated dough and roll it out until it is 1/8 inch thick. Then, place the rolled-out dough in a baking dish measuring 9×13 inches, ensuring that it covers the bottom and reaches halfway up the sides.
- Cook in the oven which has been preheated until it turns a golden brown color, which usually takes around 20 minutes.
- Prepare the filling by combining peaches, orange juice, and lemon juice in a spacious saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium-low heat until the butter is completely melted. In a separate bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and then add this mixture to the peach mixture, ensuring it is well combined. Finally, pour the resulting mixture into the pre-baked crust.
- Instructions for the remaining dough involve rolling it out to a thickness of 1/4 inch and cutting it into strips that are 1/2 inch wide. These strips should then be woven into a lattice pattern over the peaches. To enhance the sweetness, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar over the lattice and finish by drizzling melted butter on top.
- Cook the mixture in the oven that has been preheated until the upper crust turns a golden brown color, which usually takes about 35 to 40 minutes.